- To improve awareness of targeted community on human rights and democratic reform process.
- To advocate for the promotion of human rights, democracy and elimination of all kinds of discrimination and violence against women at policy level.
- To build the capacity of Muslim women groups to advocacy initiatives for increasing the access of Muslim women at decision level.
- To provide livelihood and entrepreneurship training to uplift the economic status of the marginalized community.
Nepal Muslim Women Welfare Society (NMWWS) is a non-partisan, non profitable and non- discriminatory organization established in 2006 and registered as NGO with the Government of Nepal. It is working for the marginalized, disadvantaged and poor community particularly the Muslim women of Nepal. A pragmatic team of social workers, led by Ms. Seema Khan, prominent advocate of rights of Muslim women in Nepal, initiated the creation of NMWWS in order to complement and supplement the national plans, policies and priorities of the Government of Nepal. NMWWS is the only national level organization working for marginalized Muslim women of Nepal.
Collaboration and networking with
- National Inter-Religious Network (NIRN)
- National Voter's Right Forum (NVRF)
- Media group
- Other marginalized groups
District wise (Regions from East to Far west of Nepal)
|Eastern||Western||Central||Mid Western||Far Western|
NMWWS has covered major 14 district however, NMWWS can cover 60 out of 75 districts of Nepal with its Muslim network and community
OUR MAIN ACTIVITIES FOR YOU
ENTREPRENEURSHIPOver 1000 NMWWS Entrepreneurs spreading light, hope, and opportunity.
WOMEN'S EMPOWERMENTNMWWS are role models of women in business and the technology industry.
RURAL ENERGY ACCESSNMWWS has the potential to reach the 60 million people in Nepal who live without reliable electricity.
- Nazrul Hussain Falahi (Maulana)
- Babita Basnet (Senior Media Person)
- Indu Tuladhar (Advocate)
- Bimla Amatya Khan (Trainer on Gender Issue)